The shoulder allows for a large range of motion. Due to its anatomical design the shoulder is highly susceptible to injury. Repetitive activities such as throwing, swimming and even household chores contribute to the risk of injury.
Symptoms of shoulder injury
- Feeling of instability in the shoulder
- Diminished strength
- Pain when reaching overhead
- Loss of range of motion
Common Shoulder problems
- Arthritis (Osteoarthritis and Rheumatoid Arthritis)
- Shoulder Dislocation
- Shoulder Separation
- Rotator Cuff Impairment (Strain, Tear, Tendonitis)
- Adhesive Capsulitis or Frozen Shoulder
- Fracture of the Shoulder or Collarbone
- Shoulder Instability
- Shoulder Impingement
- Post surgical Rehabilitation (Total Shoulder, Rotator Cuff Repair)
The Therapists at Advantage Physical Therapy will create a personalized treatment program based upon your injury and prior level of function. Our Shoulder Rehabilitation Program will work to restore pain free range of motion, increase motor performance and increase strength and endurance.
- Pain relieving modalities such as heat, ice, electrical stimulation and massage
- Stretching and Strengthening Exercises along with manual techniques
- Sport Specific Training and plyometrics to help you return to your sport
- Home Exercise Program- Your therapist will spend time instructing you on the proper way to perform your exercises so you can achieve the full benefit of your treatment program
- Postural education and strengthening exercises to improve your alignment and to help prevent the chance of another injury.