Plantar fascia is the soft tissue that runs along the bottom of your foot and connects the heel bone to your toes. Inflammation of the plantar fascia is associated with the condition called plantar fasciitis.
- Physical Activity overload
- Faulty mechanics
- Improper shoes
- Sharp pain in the inside part of the bottom of your heel, which may feel like a knife sticking in the bottom of your foot
- Heel pain that tends to be worse with the first few steps after awakening, when climbing stairs or when standing on tiptoe
- Heel pain after long periods of standing or after getting up from a seated position
- Heel pain after, but not usually during, exercise
- Mild swelling in your heel
Advantage Physical Therapy’s trained staff of therapists provide a comprehensive program to alleviate the pain and return you back to pain free weight bearing and function. Rehabilitation includes modalities to reduce pain and swelling, gait analysis and footwear inspection, exercises to stretch and strengthen the muscles of the lower leg and foot, and evaluation of your current activities and instruction in methods to prevent future reoccurrences.