Balance and Fall Prevention Program
Feeling unsteady? Afraid of falling?
Falls are prevalent among the elderly. Injuries from falls may have a slow recovery time and frequently require hospitalization. The muscular, visual, somatosensory and vestibular systems must work together to prevent you from falling.
Common risk factors for falls
- Changes in vision
- Multiple medications (especially those that cause dizziness)
- Strength and Balance deficits
Goals of our Balance and Fall Prevention Program
- Increased strength
- Increased mobility
- Increased balance
- Improved reaction time
Our Fall Rehabilitation and Fall Prevention Program
At Advantage PT, our Comprehensive Fall Prevention Program will help address all of your needs whether you are trying to prevent a fall or recovering from one.
personalized treatment program
Your personalized treatment program includes:
- A comprehensive risk assessment to help determine what factors are contributing to your fall risk
- Muscle strengthening
- Flexibility/Mobility Exercises
- Balance Training/Postural responses
- Gait Training
- Review of environmental hazards in your home and your community
Our Fall Prevention program will help you maintain your balance, restore your confidence and reduce your risk of falls. Helping you to retain your independence is our top priority.